The Ovingham Level Crossing is located near the fringe of the Adelaide CBD on Torrens Road at Ovingham, approximately 100 metres from the Churchill Road junction.
The Ovingham Level Crossing Removal Project is being jointly funded by the Australian and State Governments, with the site identified by the State Government’s Keeping Metro Traffic Moving Report, as a priority location for treatments to address road congestion and keep traffic flowing.
Torrens Road crosses both the interstate passenger and freight rail line and the Gawler passenger rail line and each day an average of 23,000 vehicles pass through this level crossing, where the boom gates are down for about 22% of the time during peak periods.
Removal of the level crossing will lead to improved:
- travel times for motorists
- reliability for buses using Torrens Road
- increased freight productivity
- safety for all road users (motorists, cyclists and pedestrians) by removing a road-rail crossing point.
If you have any further enquiries or would like to register your interest in the project to receive updates, please:
- visit: https://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/public_transport_projects/torrens_road_level_crossing_upgrade
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone 1300 613 533, or
- write to GPO Box 1533, Adelaide SA 5001.