To keep traffic moving as freely as possible in the area while this project is delivered, changes to traffic arrangements are required.
Temporary traffic arrangements in place from 5am Monday, 28 June 2021 into the first quarter of 2022.
These changes require temporary vehicle, pedestrian and cyclist detours and changes to bus stop locations.
Temporary vehicle changes
- Right turns from Churchill Road into Torrens Road will be temporarily removed.
- Left turns from Torrens Road into Churchill Road will temporarily be removed.
Two right turn lanes from Churchill Road into Torrens Road, as well as one left turn lane from Torrens Road onto Churchill Road will be reinstated later in the project.
With these changes, you may notice more traffic along the alternative routes. The project will work with councils to monitor traffic volumes.
Temporary pedestrian changes
- The existing pedestrian refuge across Churchill Road will be relocated north towards Avenue Road.
- The existing pedestrian actuated crossing at the Torrens Road and Churchill Road junction will be relocated east near Gilbert Street.
- The Torrens Road activated pedestrian crossing at Chief Street will be closed until the end of the project.
- The pedestrian rail crossing directly adjacent to Torrens Road on the northern side will remain closed.
- The pedestrian rail crossings on the southern side of Torrens Road, and at the northern end of Ovingham Railway Station, will remain open.
Temporary public transport changes
Bus stops will be temporarily moved to safe locations away from construction areas.
- Stop 8 Churchill Road: (west side) will be relocated approximately 100 metres to the north, near Avenue Road.
- Stop 8 Torrens Road: (south-west side) will be relocated approximately 100 metres to the west, near the rail line.
Any temporary service impacts will be communicated via the Adelaide Metro website: www.adelaidemetro.com.au and on signage at bus stops. Adelaide Metro customers can also sign up to receive alerts at: wwww.adelaidemetro.com.au/announcements/subscribe-to-alerts
For more information on the access changes please view the Fact Sheets below.