To keep traffic moving as freely as possible in the area while this project is delivered, changes to traffic arrangements are required.
Ongoing Traffic Changes
Temporary vehicle changes
- Right turns from Churchill Road into Torrens Road will be temporarily removed.
- Left turns from Torrens Road into Churchill Road will temporarily be removed.
Two right turn lanes from Churchill Road into Torrens Road, as well as one left turn lane from Torrens Road onto Churchill Road will be reinstated later in the project.
With these changes, you may notice more traffic along the alternative routes. The project will work with councils to monitor traffic volumes.
Temporary pedestrian changes
- The existing pedestrian refuge across Churchill Road has been relocated north of Avenue Road.
- The existing pedestrian actuated crossing at the Torrens Road and Churchill Road junction will be relocated east near Gilbert Street.
- The pedestrian rail crossing directly adjacent to Torrens Road on the northern side will remain closed.
- The pedestrian rail crossing at the northern end of Ovingham Railway Station, will remain open.
Temporary public transport changes
Bus stops will be temporarily moved to safe locations away from construction areas.
Any temporary service impacts will be communicated via the Adelaide Metro website: www.adelaidemetro.com.au and on signage at bus stops. Adelaide Metro customers can also sign up to receive alerts at: wwww.adelaidemetro.com.au/announcements/subscribe-to-alerts
For more information on the access changes please view the Notifications and Fact Sheets below.