The Brighton Road, Hove Level Crossing Removal Planning Study is jointly funded by the Australian and State Governments and has been identified by the State Government’s Keeping Metro Traffic Moving Report, as a priority location for treatments that address road congestion and keep traffic flowing.
The Hove Level Crossing is located approximately 12km southwest of the Adelaide CBD on the Seaford railway line on Brighton Road, between Sturt Road and Oaklands Road. Brighton Road crosses two Adelaide to Seaford passenger rail lines.
An average of 37,000 vehicles travel through this level crossing each day.
Removal of the level crossing, separating the rail line from the road, will lead to improved:
- travel times for motorists
- reliability for buses using Brighton Road
- increased freight productivity
- safety for all road users (motorists, cyclists and pedestrians) by removing a road-rail crossing point
If you have any further enquiries or would like to register your interest in the project to receive updates, please:
- visit https://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/public_transport_projects/brighton_road_level_crossing_upgrade
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone 1300 205 994, or
- write to GPO Box 1533, Adelaide SA 5001.