Working through the night
Over the coming months, night works will continue in the new station and various construction zones. This allows both day and night crews to complete works safely in the same area.
Key activities undertaken currently and in the coming weeks on night shift include:
- Service installations for Morphett Road and the new Dunrobin and Diagonal Roads signalised intersection
- Track drainage and overhead line equipment installations in the new rail corridor
- Electrical service installations
- Steel mesh installation for the retaining walls support
- Excavation of soil material
- Concrete pours for the new station
As works progress, some activities will alternate between day and night shifts. Where possible, particularly intrusive works will be undertaken during the day or early evening.