Working through the night
Night works continued in the new station and various construction zones. This allowed both day and night crews to complete works safely in the same area.
Key activities undertaken on night shift included:
- Service installations for Morphett Road and the new Dunrobin and Diagonal Roads signalised intersection
- Track drainage and overhead line equipment installations in the new rail corridor
- Electrical service installations
- Steel mesh installation for the retaining walls support
- Excavation of soil material
- Concrete pours for the new station
Work activities alternated between day and night shifts. Where possible, particularly intrusive works were undertaken during the day or early evening.