PTP Alliance Wellness Committee
The PTP Alliance has established a Wellness Committee (committee) to recognise and support the physical, mental, and social wellbeing of our employees.
The committee assesses, plans and implements activities to help the employees to increase their own and other's wellbeing.
The committee is made of up employees from various teams (i.e. Engineering, Survey, Safety and Stakeholder Engagement teams).
They run an internal quarterly ‘health check’ survey and results from this are fed back to the committee for action.
The committee introduces initiatives to enhance and influence the wellness space within the working environment and personal life, by:
- promoting a healthy lifestyle;
- advocating respectful and supportive behaviours toward others;
- representing the PTP Alliance staff by sharing their suggestions on wellness initiatives and addressing their concerns;
- delivering informative, beneficial and educational opportunities on how to make positive life decisions;
- organising monthly fitness challenges;
- organising educational presentations at monthly toolbox meetings;
- encouraging monthly health talks with a peer or manager;
- organising health-related events or campaigns using the SA Health event calendar; and
- providing a means of feedback.
The committee also supports charitable organisations, by:
- running an ongoing clothing and homewares collection for the homeless
- collecting bottles and cans to recycle and donates proceeds to charities chosen quarterly
- participating in Australian Red Cross Lifeblood donations.
If you would like to contribute to the clothes and homewares collection, please call 1300 613 533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection.