Paradise Park 'n' Ride - facility opened to commuters
The new Paradise Park ‘n’ Ride facility opened to commuters at 7am, Monday 3 August.
The project has delivered an additional 357 car parking spaces, increasing the total number of parks to 815. In addition, 24 motorcycle and more than 30 bicycle parking spaces have been delivered.
The project supported 78 full time equivalent jobs with those employed working around 77,000 hours to build the new facility.
The project comprised of:
• 6,500 tonnes of quarry materials imported to site
• 1,000 tonnes of asphalt laid
• 10,000 tonnes of material removed from site
• 550 perforated mesh panels installed
• 330 guard rail/ barriers installed
• 1,700m3 of concrete poured
• 150 tonnes of steel reinforcement used
• 8,043 vegetation planted
• 22,570 pavers laid
• 6 Kiss ‘n’ Go bays installed in the lower ground level of the multi-storey car park
While the facility is now open to vehicles, some minor finishing works will continue to be undertaken over the coming weeks.
For more information on the project, visit https://ptpa.com.au/projects/o-bahn-park-n-rides