Bicycle Lane Extension and Road Surface Improvements
To improve cyclist safety, we will be installing new bicycle lanes on Torrens Road between Chief Street and Mais Street (outbound lane) and between Coglin Street and Chief Street (citybound lane). The existing bicycle lane will also be repaved.
Road surface improvement works will also occur along Torrens Road, between Chief Street and John Hindmarsh Frontage.
Works will include:
- site establishment works, locating of underground services and set up of temporary fencing and road barriers;
- relocation of utility services;
- widening of the northern side of Torrens Road;
- road resurfacing;
- installation of new kerbing, footpaths and
- road and bicycle lane line marking;
- installation of road signage; and
- landscaping works.
To read more about the works, view the notification here.